Data protection law in the UK and EU changed on 25 May 2018. This notice tells you how we collect and use personal information, how you can access your personal information that we hold and our policy on use of our website. If you are applying to Sefton Carers Centre for employment or to volunteer, you can find a separate privacy notice on our website.
Sefton Carers Centre is registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner for the United Kingdom. Sefton Carers Centre is also a data processor on behalf of Sefton Council and individual Direct Payment clients in relation to providing a Direct Payments service and Carers Assessments.
2. Use of personal information
Sefton Carers Centre is committed to protecting your privacy and does not capture and store any personal information about individuals who access our website or contact us, except where:
- Users voluntarily choose to contact Sefton Carers Centre via the website; or
- Users make a donation to Sefton Carers Centre
- Users contact Sefton Carers Centre to provide email addresses, e.g. for newsletter and other information purposes.
- An individual chooses to register with Sefton Carers Centre as a carer and use our wide range of services from Carers Assessments to therapies and counselling.
- Sefton Direct Payments clients and their employees
- Personal Health Budget clients and their employees
When any such information is supplied to Sefton Carers Centre, we are legally bound by the Data Protection legislation such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) to ensure that such information is used for the purpose for which it was requested, and also to ensure that data is held securely.
Sefton Carers Centre is also compliant with the NHS National Data Opt Out Service that allows patients to opt out of their confidential patient information being used for research and planning.
All employees and volunteers who have access to your personal data are obliged to respect the confidentiality of this information and are provided with training to ensure this occurs.
We never disclose personal data to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
3. Types of Personal Information Collected and Processed
3.1 Unpaid Carers
Types of personal Information we may collect from you and use are as follows:
- Details relating to your identity such as names, dates of birth, gender, ethnic origin;
- Contact details such as address, email, telephone numbers, emergency contact details
- Your relationship to the people you care for and their details including their health condition;
- Your employment circumstances as they relate to your caring role;
- Financial details in relation to Welfare Benefits advice;
- Details of when you contact us and when we contact you;
- Details of your use of services offered by Sefton Carers Centre;
- Any consents which you have given us in relation to the processing of your information;
- Physical or mental health details in relation to assessing your needs as a carer and to enable us to provide you with services or signpost you to services of other organisations who can meet your needs.
- Assessment of the impact of your caring role on you and assessments necessary for us to provide you specific services such as complimentary therapies. Such information requires special protection by law – we will always explain what information we require and why it is needed when collecting this information.
3.2 Direct Payment Clients
We collect information about you when you have been referred to us by Sefton Council as a potential Direct Payment client. If you choose to become a client, we will collect and use information to provide you with support and advice related to your Direct Payment account as well as payroll services for your employees. We only request information essential for providing you with these services. Further information is provided in your Direct Payment agreement.
3.3 Personal Health Budget Clients
We collect information about you when you have been referred to us by South Sefton CCG or Southport & Formby CCG as a potential Personal Health Budget client. If you choose to become a client, we will collect and use information to provide you with support and advice related to your Personal Health Budget account as well as payroll services for your employees. We only request information essential for providing you with these services. Further information is provided in your Personal Health Budget agreement.
3.4 Users of the Website and Donations
If you use our website some anonymous data such as IP addresses, pages visited and time spent on the website is collected. This information is used by Sefton Carers Centre to compile traffic statistics to enhance its understanding of how visitors use the website and to help it improve this service.
When you use Sefton Carers Centre secure online donation pages you are routed through to our online donations service provider and the information you give (such as your credit card number and contact information) is provided only so that the transaction can take place.
Sefton Carers Centre also takes appropriate measures to ensure that any personal information provided is kept secure and only for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which it was provided. If your circumstances change, please tell us as soon as possible.
No transmission of data over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Sefton Carers Centre cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to it and you do so at your own risk.
4. Sharing your personal information
Sefton Carers Centre is committed to providing person-centred, quality services to carers in Sefton. To do this it is sometimes necessary to share your information with other agencies. For example, Sefton Carers Centre completes Carers Assessments on behalf of Sefton Council and so shares these and any resulting Support Plan with Sefton Council.
In relation to Direct Payment and Personal Health Budget Clients, we may share your information with HMRC, DWP, your pension provider and regulator. We may also share your information with Prepaid Financial Services (PFS) to support creation of your pre-paid card, as well as IRIS our payroll software tool through an online secure portal. Sefton Carers Centre hold Data Sharing Agreements with both these organisations.
Information sharing will only be done where the Law permits, it will be done in compliance with the Law and the Information Commissioner’s statutory guidance on data-sharing.
- In the course of general business, we may share your data with third parties as data processors to help us deliver good services. For example, mailing, email, survey, and/or print fulfilment organisations (to enable us to communicate with you efficiently); Sefton Carers Centre is compliant with information standard DCB3058, National Data Opt-Out.
- Providers of business services such as auditors, consultants, solicitors and/or insurers (to enable us to run Sefton Carers Centre efficiently);
- Providers of records management services such as secure disposal suppliers, and IT storage providers (to enable us to secure data efficiently);
- Providers of IT systems or services (to enable us to run Sefton Carers Centre efficiently).
In certain very rare and limited circumstances data protection legislation permits us to share your personal data without your knowledge. This is principally where the information is needed for:
- The prevention of detection of a crime.
- The apprehension or prosecution of offenders.
Sefton Carers Centre will still refuse to release personal information if it feels the request is not compliant with the requirements of data protection legislation, in particular, if it feels the request is not fair or lawful.
5. Access to personal information
You also have the right to object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause or is causing damage or distress.
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal information you should raise your concern with us in the first instance or directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/.
6. Use of Sefton Carers Centre Website
Anyone is entitled to use the website for his or her own purposes and the information contained therein, provided:
- It is used for information purposes only, for reproduction for personal use only and not for reproduction on any other website or for commercial gain without permission.
- Any links created to the website are notified to and approved by Sefton Carers Centre before they are created.
- No part of the website is copied, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means to any third party without the permission of Sefton Carers Centre.
- The names and logos of Sefton Carers Centre and all related product and service names, designs marks and slogans are the trade names, service marks or trademarks of Sefton Carers Centre and may not be used without the prior consent of Sefton Carers Centre.
Links to other websites
This website contains links to enable you to visit other websites. Sefton Carers Centre is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other websites.
Links to external websites do not represent any kind of recommendation or endorsement by Sefton Carers Centre of the accuracy of the content of external websites.
Sefton Carers Centre makes every effort to ensure that the information contained within the pages of this website is accurate and up to date but gives no warranty regarding its accuracy or completeness.
Consequently, Sefton Carers Centre accepts no liability for any losses or damages (whether direct, indirect, special, consequential or otherwise) arising out of errors or omissions contained in this website.
No liability can be accepted in respect of losses or damages arising out of changes made to the content of this site by unauthorised third parties.
7. Changes to this Privacy Notice
This Notice will be updated from time to time.
8. Contact us
Privacy Notice updated: January 2020