Welcome to the Sefton Young Carers Service, if you need to speak to us then please call our Young Carers Team on 0151 288 6060 or send a message here.
Meet the team!
(From left to right: Eve Bicker, Scott Jones and Ruth Kinahan)
Are you a young carer?
Do you look after your Mum, Dad, Brother, Sister or other Relative Because They Are ill or Have a Disability?
Do You Sometimes Worry About Them?
Do You Ever Feel Alone?
Do You Want Some Help?
Do You Sometimes Struggle at School?
If you are between 5 and 17 years of age, and looking after someone in your family who couldn’t manage without your support then you are one of the 4,000 or more young carers that we estimate live in Sefton.
These are just some of the ways that we can support you:
- We will listen to you
- Provide you with one to one support
- Develop a personal support plan for you
- Invite you to a weekly activity group and fun outings with other carers
- Provide you with advice and information
- Signpost you to other services
- Support your mental health, and arrange counselling if appropriate
- We may invite you to join us on one of our residential trips
- We will improve your access to services
- With your permission we will talk to your school, college, doctor or to your social worker to arrange additional support.
- We will support you as you move through school, to college, to university, or to employment or training.
In other words, our service will do whatever it can to support you and your family for as long as you need that support.
If you contact us
We will arrange a time/place to meet up with you to discuss your needs and wishes. You are in control, and everything you share with us will be confidential (unless we believe you are at risk of harm). We will work with you to design a support plan to help you.
Are you a young adult carer?
If you are a young adult carer, aged between 16 – 24 years? We can also help.
We realise that for young carers the transition from childhood to adulthood can be much more difficult than for young people without a caring role at home. If you feel that you are you missing out on college, training or employment, call us, we are here to help.
Call Ruth, Eve or Scott on 0151 288 6060 or send them a message here.
Information for professionals & family members
These pages are in the process of being updated - if you’re a young carer, a parent or a professional and would like more information please contact:
You can download a description of our young carers support service model here.