This policy statement tells you how we collect and use personal information, how you can access your personal information and our policy on use of the website.
Sefton Carers Centre is registered as a data controller with the information commissioner for the United Kingdom.
2. Use of personal information
Sefton Carers Centre is committed to protecting your privacy and does not capture and store any personal information about individuals who access this website or contact us, except where:
• Users voluntarily choose to contact Sefton Carers Centre via the website; or
• Users make a donation to Sefton Carers Centre; or
• Users contact Sefton Carers Centre to provide email addresses, e.g. for newsletter purposes.
• An individual chooses to register with Sefton Carers Centre.
When any such information is supplied to Sefton Carers Centre, we are legally bound by the Data Protection Act 1998 to ensure that such information is only used for the purpose for which it was requested and also to ensure that data is held securely. All employees and volunteers who have access to your personal data are obliged to respect the confidentiality of this information and are provided with training to ensure this occurs.
We never disclose personal data to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
When you use Sefton Carers Centre secure online donation pages you are routed through to our online donations service provider and the information you give (such as your credit card number and contact information) is provided only so that the transaction can take place.
Sefton Carers Centre also takes appropriate measures to ensure that any personal information provided is kept secure and only for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which it was provided. If your circumstances change please tell us as soon as possible.
No transmission of data over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Sefton Carers Centre cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to it and you do so at your own risk.
3. Sharing your personal information
Sefton Carers Centre is committed to providing person centred, quality services to Carers in Sefton. To do this it is sometimes necessary to share your information with other agencies. This will only be done where the Law permits, it will be done in compliance with the Law and the Information Commissioner’s statutory guidance on data-sharing.
In certain very rare and limited circumstances the Data Protection Act permits us to share your personal data without your knowledge. This is principally where the information is needed for:
• The prevention of detection of a crime.
• The apprehension or prosecution of offenders.
Sefton Carers Centre will still refuse to release personal information if it feels the request is not compliant with the requirements of the Data Protection Act, in particular if it feels the request is not fair or lawful.
4. Access to personal information
5. Use of the website
Anyone is entitled to use the website and to use for their own purposes the information contained therein, provided:
• It is used for information purposes only, for reproduction for personal use only and not for reproduction on any other website or for commercial gain without permission.
• Any links created to the website are notified to and approved by Sefton Carers Centre before they are created.
• No part of the website is copied, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means to any third party without the permission of Sefton Carers Centre.
• The names and logos of Sefton Carers Centre and all related product and service names, designs marks and slogans are the trade names, service marks or trademarks of Sefton Carers Centre and may not be used without the prior consent of Sefton Carers Centre.
Links to other websites
This website contains links to enable you to visit other websites. Sefton Carers Centre is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other websites.
Links to external websites do not represent any kind of recommendation or endorsement by Sefton Carers Centre of the accuracy of the content of external websites.
Sefton Carers Centre makes every effort to ensure that the information contained within the pages of this website is accurate and up to date, but gives no warranty regarding its accuracy or completeness.
Consequently, Sefton Carers Centre accepts no liability for any losses or damages (whether direct, indirect, special, consequential or otherwise) arising out of errors or omissions contained in this website.
No liability can be accepted in respect of losses or damages arising out of changes made to the content of this site by unauthorised third parties.
Any changes to this policy will be notified on this website for one month after the change occurs.
7. Contact us