Who we are:
The Formby Hub is a partnership of health, council and voluntary groups set up to increase the numbers of people accessing information to access activities and services; arrange & organise local events to support socially isolated older people in Formby, and, to increase the numbers of volunteers involved in the delivery of the project.
Formby Hub Drop-in Coordinator
We have successful been awarded funding to recruit a freelance coordinator for Formby Hub to support the delivery of the Hub Drop-in service by coordinating the volunteer staffing of the 4 weekly information drop-ins at various community locations in Formby. The service aims to combat older residents’ loneliness and isolation by providing information about local services and activities as well as signposting to them. The coordinator will also supervise and support the small team of Drop-in volunteers.
To deliver this service we are seeking the services of a freelance Coordinator for 4 hours per week for 6 months at £9.00 per hour in the first instance. The fee is inclusive of all disbursements and travel costs and will be payable on submission of monthly invoices.
· To coordinate a rota for the 4 weekly drop-in sessions at the Workshop at Holy Trinity, Formby Pool and Formby Library.
· To liaise with a small team of volunteers to ensure the drop-ins can be delivered each week.
· To be the first point of contact for the volunteers.
· To occasionally cover drop-ins if volunteers are not available.
· To collate data gathered by the volunteers on numbers of people attending drop-ins, and issues covered, to provide monthly reports.
· To develop marketing and publicity to promote the services of the Formby Hub.
· To attend, or otherwise feed into, Formby Hub Steering Group Meetings (roughly monthly).
· To promote the Drop-In Volunteer role, and participate in volunteer recruitment when necessary.
· To provide induction and ongoing supervision to Drop-In Volunteers and ensure the service is compliant with data protection legislation and GDPR.
· To liaise with the Sefton Carers Centre Volunteer Coordinator to provide a contact point in your absence.
· Experience of working with or supporting volunteers.
· Experience of delivering a community information service.
· Understanding of the issues facing residents who feel isolated.
· Knowledge and understanding of the Formby area and community resources and services.
· Experience of monitoring and reporting project achievements in a clear and concise manner.
· Excellent communication skills and organisations skills.
· Good IT skills and ability to use Microsoft Office software.
· Able to work flexibly
How to Apply:
Because of the nature of the work for which you are applying, this post is exempt from the provisions of Section 4(2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, by virtue of the Exceptions Order 1975 as amended by the Exceptions (Amendment) Order 1986, which means that convictions that are unspent under the terms of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 must be disclosed, and will be taken into account in deciding whether to make an appointment. Any information will be completely confidential and will be considered only in relation to this application. In addition you are required to submit to a Disclosure and Barring Service check. Any standard or enhanced disclosure made by the DBS/SCRO will remain strictly confidential.